The kitchen is the room people use the most. It really is the heart of the home. It is the place we spend lots of time in as a family cooking, baking and entertaining. With the current trend being all about open plan living its even more important that the kitchen is kept clean and organised.
If you spend a lot of time in your kitchen, then you will know its important to be able to find the right pots and pans or ingredients when you need them. Here are a few steps that might help you organise your kitchen. Or this may help if you’re in the planning stage of your kitchen.
Larder cupboards and pantries
1. Most people would like more storage in their kitchen. Larder cupboards and pantries are great for storage and being able to have everything in the same place, it makes it easier when cooking and baking. The good news is you can then close the doors. Make sure you regularly check the dates and expiry on the food. Organising the items with the newest at the back, oldest at the front. Using boxes and jars can also keep things tidy. Have a shelf or area for certain things like baking, appliances, jars and condiments. Have things you use regularly at the front or the easiest place to reach.
Cutlery Trays and draw organisers
2.Cutlery trays are a great way of organising and keeping drawers tidy and using the cupboards more efficiently helps you find things quicker and everything then has a home. There are lots of practical cheap storage ideas to help organise cupboards. Spice racks, plate dividers, storage boxes and jars.
Pull out bins and recycling bins
3. Pull out bins and recycling bins are a great addition to your kitchen if you have space. It frees up floor space and provides a practical solution to keeping the waste and recycling out of view.
4. The Quooker tap provides instant boiling water so you don’t need to have a kettle taking up space on the worktops. With a Quooker COMBI tank it provides both boiling and hot water all from a cold feed, it saves on energy and this is great for the environment. The tank sits under the sink in the cupboard.
5. You could have a paperwork drawer or cupboard. This can help to keep the sides clutter free, it still needs decluttering regularly. It is important to keep the paperwork drawer or cupboard small, only keep important things in it and every few weeks go through the drawer and get rid of old papers and things you no longer need.
Ceiling Height Cabinetry
6. Building the cabinetry to the ceiling allows for more storage and is using space that doesn’t often get used. It can be helpful to keep things that you don’t use everyday up high.
7. Adding Shelves helps keep stuff off the worktops and gives some extra storage. Also adding led- lighting makes it look light and brighter.
Build in Coffee Machine
8. A built in coffee machine helps keep the worktops clear, but if you don’t have space for one then having an area for tea and coffee, that is kept organised and clean is just as good. Using a tray to put everything on works well and can also be carried to the table when needed.
Thank you for taking the time to read.
The Black Rok Team