Have yourself a crafty little Christmas this year with our list of decoration inspiration! Go further than the typical dancing Santas and get the whole family involved in turning your kitchen into a winter wonderland. It’s amazing what a little glitter and glue can do.
Santa’s Little Helpers
‘I’m bored’ is a comment that pops up all too often during the holidays, especially with chilly weather keeping them inside. Entertain the kids by getting arty and proudly display their creative talents in your kitchen.
- Paper chains
- Snowman pom poms
- Elf on the shelf
- Recycled light bulb penguin
- Santa’s belly marshmallow pops
- Scrabble tile ornaments
- Button baubles
- Salt dough hearts
- Cookie cutter decorations
- Popcorn and cranberry garlands
Got a crowd coming over? Wow them with your DIY know-how! Plus, as the days draw in, it will give you the perfect excuse for staying in and hibernating.
- Gingerbread house
- Origami stars
- String art card display
- Mini embroidery hoop decorations
- Tin can lanterns
- Chalkboard sign
- Winter scene in a mason jar
- Gold dipped wine glasses
- Santa hat chair toppers
Let it grow! Just because your garden’s buried under frost, doesn’t mean your kitchen can’t bloom. Also, a few careful chosen arrangements can make your home smell fa-la-la-la-abulous.
- Spray painted pinecones
- A bouquet of traditional poinsettia, ivy and holly
- Rustic birch wood candle holders
- Miniature tabletop Christmas trees
- Bare branches for your mantle
- Dried fruits and spices potpourri
- Orange and clove pomanders
- Dried orange slices
- Sliced wood wallhangings
- Cinnamon scented ornaments
Unfortunately, not all of us are arts and crafts whizzes. If you lack the touch, hunt through junk shops and Christmas fete bric-a-brac stalls in search of a few festive novelties. You can always bring them out next year too!
- A drinks trolley
- Sheet music crimped into medallion ornaments
- Step ladder Christmas tree
- White ice skates
- Old wooden toys and nutcrackers
- Kitsch cookie tins
- Clothespin icicles
- Architect ruler stars
- Teacups filled with acorns and nuts
- Jelly mold wreath
Thinking about a kitchen remodel in the new year? Then contact Black Rok Kitchen Design now. You can also visit our showrooms in Heathfield and Uckfield.